Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday, January 27th

So, Wednesday I officially became a Disney employee. I simply cannot describe the feeling.

My roommate Claudia and I discovered that we have the exact same job! It's funny because everyone else in the apartment has a wide variety of jobs. Here is the breakdown:

Tab- EPCOT Attractions West
Kim- DinoLand Attractions in Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kelsey- EPCOT Mousegear Merchandise
Liza- Baby Strollers in Magic Kingdom
Claudia- EPCOT Attractions West
Sarah- World of Disney Merchandise in Downtown Disney
Margo- Character Performer (SO jeal)
Jenna- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (also jeal)

So, half of my roommates had to get up for the 6:45am Traditions class. I didn't feel bad for them because after taking this class they become official Disney employees so they have the whole day to spend at the parks!

I decided to wake up fairly early and go to the doctor. I had found a clinic in the area that accepts my insurance (I called to verify) and I was sick and tired of being in so much pain so I finally decided to go. I was really nervous about being held up there and being late to Traditions but I got there at the perfect time (right before the crowd). The nurse asked about my symptoms and I told her that ever since my engagement/going away party I have had TERRIBLE stomach pains. Under my belly button is extremely tender and when you touch that area, it HURTS LIKE HECK! I don't know why this is happening, everything else seems to be fine but it just hurts and I was done dealing with it. They had me take a urine sample.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TMI, DON'T READ ANYMORE.

So, I had blood in the urine and I thought they were going to tell me that I was going to die but it turns out that she thinks I have a UTI. This surprised me because I didn't have any trouble peeing and there was no pain at all, but whatever she is the doctor, not me. She gave me some meds and I was on my way.

Mike and I went to our apartments and the girls and I walked down to the bus to go to Traditions! I was SO excited!

Claudia and I were in the same group the whole time which was cool and we also met some other nice fellow CPs.

I don't want to go into too much detail in case anyone out there still has to do Traditions, but it is FUN. I will tell you that you get to see the UTILIDOR!!!! It was AMAZING. I could not believe it! The Disney magic is just... outstanding. We watched several movies and Walt spoke a lot of the time. It was like he was talking right to us. We were also told various do's and dont's of being a Disney employee.

At the end, we had a very special surprise and we got our OFFICIAL NAMETAGS!!!

Traditions was SO unbelievably amazing, you should enjoy every minute of it if you ever go through it. We have the best job in the world, creating happiness for people everywhere.

I must have teared up half a dozen times. It was just a wonderful feeling to be in this family.

I don't want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment