Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Last Day at the Block Island Ferry :-(

Today is my last day of work at my job of 2 years with the Block Island Ferry. It is sad, but I might come back in the summer :-) (depending on what opportunities arise).

I am very very excited about all things in life right now. Despite the fact that 2 of my courses have started posting material and it seems like it will be a lot of work, I am actually kind of excited about it. I really just can't wait to be on my own: buying groceries, cooking, paying rent, etc. I have never really been this far from home for so long. (School is only 20 minutes away from my house)

One thing that I think will be interesting is if I run into people partying. I think that I am still in the RA mindset and I don't know how I will react lol. Hopefully I don't do anything embarassing!

Tonight is Mike's and my Going Away/ Engagement Party. I am really excited, my mom did so much and was so generous about the whole thing. I can't wait to give her the gift we bought to show our gratitude for having the party for us. I hope she likes it :-D

Anyway, as soon as I leave work, it is crunch time. Fortunately, Mike and I have not been slacking (I think it is in part because we took different days off this week, so we don't have each other to distract from getting things done) so my car is clean, the trunk is fully packed, and some of the back is packed. I will be finishing the packing tomorrow after I have done the final load of laundry. Tomorrow we are also touring Oceancliffe Mansion in Newport for our wedding and I can't wait! Basically when we get back we will pack lunch for the next day and go to sleep!

We are leaving bright and early Saturday (3am!)

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment