Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Attraction Request

So, I called Disney again yesterday to request a specific attraction. At first I wated to only ask for Jungle Cruise or The Great Movie Ride because those are the most guest interactive and challenging because you have to memorize a long spiel. But then I realized that since Mike is doing transportation, he may be working on the monorails until really late. (The monorails run up to 2 hours after the last park closes- and Magic Kingdom can be open till 2am with extra magic hours!) So, I would want our schedules to coincide at least a little bit (either both working mornings or both working nights or something), meaning that I should prob work at the Magic Kingdom at an attraction that is open late for extra magic hours. In addition, since I will no longer have my RA income, I will really need to be able to pick up extra shifts (Disney only guarantees something like 32 hours of work per week) to make sure ends meet. BUT, I am taking 12 CREDITS of online classes at URI while on the program. Needless to say, I am going to be extremely busy. Fortunately, Mike doesn't need to keep concurrent full time status to keep his financial aid (but I do, which is why I have to take so many classes) so he will be able to pick up extra shifts to make more money for us. He will, however, still be taking 2 online courses (he needs them to graduate on time).

So anyway, I decided to request either the Great Movie Ride at Hollywood Studios or anything in the Magic Kingdom (even though I really want Jungle Cruise). By the way, none of these requests are guaranteed, if there is more need in the Animal Kingdom, I may end up there- who knows! Anywhere I end up, I know I will have an AMAZING time!

I think that on my family Christmas vacation to Disney World (in less than 2 weeks!!!), I will ask cast members at different attractions who may look college aged if they are in the WDWCP and what they get for hours, etc. Maybe I will end up calling the recruiting office back to completely change my preferences!

So, that is all for now. Sorry my posts are so long!

Tabitha

2 comments:

  1. College Program kids have their universities on their name tags as opposed to their hometowns, so they'll be easy to spot up close :)


    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete